Queen's Platinum Jubilee Events - Special Grants
Barnstaple Town Council has made a fund available to support community events that celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. Applications for up to £1,000 on the Small Grants application form need to be submitted to email@example.com.
Looking for help getting a new organisation off the ground or to support a long running project? Barnstaple Town Council can offer long term or one year grant support to projects that are beneficial to Barnstaple and its residents.
All grants are managed through the Finance & General Purposes Committee.
There are three types of grants available:
Small Grants – up to £1000
Available 3 times per year.
We can only accept one application, per year, per group.
The application deadlines for each round will be 1st day of April, September and January.
Applications will be considered by the following committee meeting held in May, October and February.
Annual Grants – between £1000 – £5000.
The deadline for application is 31st December of the financial year prior to the funds being required.
All applications will be considered in February and approved at the March Committee meeting.
Payments will be made in April each year.
Annual Strategic Grant – between £5000 – £8000
Can be subject to multiple year agreements.
The timeline will be the same as the annual grants above.
For these grants we would advise you to make an appointment for a pre-application discussion with the officer of the Council.
Who Qualifies for a Grant?
Grants are awarded to organisations, community groups or partnerships which demonstrate that:
- They have a need for grant funding, grants may not be given to any organisation with significant uncommitted funds.
- They have, in the opinion of the Council, sound governance arrangements.
- They have, in the opinion of the Council, sound financial management.
- The grant will represent good value for money.
- They have, in the opinion of the Council, sufficient ability to deliver the outcomes anticipated.
- They have clear policies on equality and inclusion covering service user, subject to recognised exemptions.
- Most importantly, the grant provides significant benefit specifically to the Community of Barnstaple.
- The Council will generally not approve applications from individuals or from commercial organisations.
- Grant conditions, application and reporting procedures are commensurate with the different levels of the financial investment of the council.
- All applications are subject to a rigorous process.
Please read the Grants Application & Award Guidance carefully before you start your application process.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .pdf. .docx. .doc. Request an accessible format.