The Town Council runs a community grants scheme, which opens for applications in October each year. The deadline for this years applications was the 3rd December 2020.
Grants are generally only awarded to organisations or partnerships which demonstrate that:
- The have a need for grant funding. Grants may not be given to any organisation with significant uncommitted funds;
- They have, in the opinion of the Council, sound governance arrangements;
- They have, in the opinion of the Council, sound financial management;
- The grant will represent good value for money;
- The have, in the opinion of the Council, sufficient ability to deliver the outcomes anticipated;
- They have clear policies on equality and inclusion covering service user, subject to recognised exemptions; and
- Most importantly, the grant provides significant benefit specifically to the Community of Barnstaple.
The Council will generally not approve applications from individuals or from commercial organisations.
The Council currently allocates £22,000 each year for community grants.
For further information about the scheme please contact us.
The application period is now closed, all application forms for next years community grant, will be available to download here later in the year.